Saturday, June 6, 2015

Time Management




It's been a while since I've updated this space.
I feel bad.
I lost track of how I was spending my time and definitely spent more than I should on work and external projects (rather, stuff that are 'urgent' and 'important') rather than things that are important to me but not exactly urgent right now.

So I've sat down for around an hour, printing out this ideal pie chart from DIY Planner and filling it in. I hope that I will be able to have at least 4 hours a week to blog, update my blog's coding, connect with other bloggers etc. Another thing that I ought to do is to start reading more actively - but most of the time after a long day I just want to do nothing, talk to no one and leave my mind empty, instead of constantly having to take in information.

I'm tired of spending 8 hours everyday churning out work,  what I'm familiar and don't really fancy dealing with. I'll spend 20 hours - maximum.  That sounds rather arbitrary and of course, if deadlines are nearing and work needs to be completed, then some of the other categories have to go (unfortunately that's probably family and friends time - yikes). Hopefully, this will allow me to get tasks done faster and more efficiently.

No comments:

Post a Comment